ASA Advanced Coastal Cruising Sailing Courses
ASA Sailing Courses – Advanced Cruise and Learn
Includes: Coastal Navigation (ASA 105) and Advanced Coastal Cruising (ASA 106)
This is one of our advanced sailing courses, designed to challenge your limits and expand your sailing skills. If your sailing dreams go beyond bareboat chartering in mellow conditions, this course is the next step toward living your dream!
- Spend seven days exploring the beautiful islands of the Grenadines while you learn along the way.
- Even better – extend your adventure! We can cover the same material at a more relaxed pace with our ten day Extended Cruise and Learn!
- This course includes sailing in all prudent weather conditions during daylight and at night.
- Learn to use chart plotters, analyze weather conditions, handle emergency situations and navigate at night.
- Conditions permitting, we will learn to rig and trim spinnakers.
- We will also cover advanced anchoring techniques, performance tuning and sail trim, reefing and heavy-weather sailing tactics.
- ASA Bareboat Cruising certification (ASA 104) or equivalent experience is required as a prerequisite for this course.
- All of our Advanced Cruise and Learn sailing courses are taught aboard well maintained mono-hulls in the 39 to 44 foot range.
- We limit our class size to no more than four students to ensure plenty of time for individual instruction and hands on sailing.
- While sailing through the islands, your instructor will cover the curriculum for Advanced Coastal Cruising (ASA 106).
- We recommend an intensive pre-study of the Coastal Navigation material before taking this class.
- Courses priced as low as $2,200.00. This price is all inclusive with the exception of meals on shore.
- Experience the local island flavor when we go ashore for at least three of our evening meals.
- Extend your course to 10 days and spend more time enjoying the islands along your way.
- $100.00 discount for guests who want to “ride along” but not earn their certification.
7 or 10 day Sailing Courses Available
Class size is limited, so please call or e-mail today for availability! Call us at (206) 792-9787 or Contact Us Here!
*All Cruise and Learn sailing courses require a minimum of two students for confirmation.
For current pricing information please visit our PRICING page.