Getting to St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Where is St. Vincent and the Grenadines?
Windward Islands, Lesser Antilles, Eastern Caribbean
Ah! The unspoiled Caribbean – St. Vincent and the Grenadines! You’ve heard about it, you know you want to go there, but how do you get to paradise? Well, pack your bags, you can leave TONIGHT! Ok, maybe not tonight but you can start PLANNING your next sailing vacation in the warm azure blue waters of the Eastern Caribbean!
Tips on booking your flight:
- Using the airport codes will make booking your flight easier.
- The airport code for the E. T. Joshua Airport in Kingstown, St. Vincent is SVD.
- The major hubs for flying in to St. Vincent (SVD) are Barbados (BGI) , Puerto Rico (SJU) and Grenada (GND).
- Two public airlines fly into St. Vincent – LIAT Air and SVG Airlines. Liat offers more flights but SVG will make your life easier if you fly via Barbados. SVG costs a little more but its well worth it!
- Pack a copy of your itinerary or return ticket. This will speed things up when clearing though immigration.
- St. Vincent is usually listed as “St. Vincent and the Grenadines”. (Don’t spell out “Saint” or you might get information on a charity!)
- Watch for layovers! Consider flying in on one airline and flying out on another to avoid long waits in an airport terminal.
- For example:
- Flying in from Seattle – we usually take a late evening flight from Seattle.
- Arrive on the East Coast in the morning and take an AM flight to Barbados
- Catch an afternoon SVG Air flight to St. Vincent arriving around 6pm in the islands.
- On the way back:
- Fly on Liat to Puerto Rico (direct if possible)
- Catch an afternoon flight from Puerto Rico to Seattle arriving around 10pm in Seattle.
- The layover in Puerto Rico is usually long enough to allow for a taxi ride to go find lunch in one of San Juan’s amazing restaurants!
- For example:
- Helpful Websites:
You have been waiting too long, make plans now to start living your dreams!
Let us know how we can help, e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org